Most people in the UK pay all their tax ‘at source’, for example, through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) if they are employed, and are not required to file a tax return. Self Assessment therefore does not affect everyone and you will normally only need to complete a form if one or more of the following apply to you:
- You are working for yourself – you are self-employed;
- You are a partner in a partnership business;
- You are a minister of religion – any faith or denomination;
- You are a trustee or the executor of an estate.
- You have property income
- Your income is over £100,000
- If you have income which is not taxed at source
- You are a director
- You have capital gains to declare
At DD Chartered Accountant we use HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) -approved software to:
- Complete your tax return
- Calculate your tax liability
- File the return online
- Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due
As part of the above service, DD Chartered Accountant also analyses your self assessment tax returns to see if any tax savings can be made and review the form to see if there are any anomalies that need to be addressed before the return is submitted.